Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm heading out!

Hey guys,

So, I just get home from Science Fair on Oahu, after three intense days, and the first thing I see when I go to print out my boarding pass? Strong thunderstorm warning in Georgia. I'm going to be praying hard that the weather doesn't affect us and our planning, and that everyone attending arrives safely! My flight leaves at 8:40 p.m., and arrives in Georgia at 1:40 the next day, so I'm hoping to get some major precal homework done during that time as well (:

My youth group leader and sponsor for the EYE Planning Team, Sybil Nishioka, recently shared with me a really important verse that I'm going to try extremely hard to remember throughout the next few days. It is,

"In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12. 

After spending the last three days under intense conditions and living with four other teenage girls, I'm going to try really hard to re-adjust my mindset from one of competition to one of cooperation. With this meeting, I'm hoping that by fostering synergy and strong communication, we can work as an effective group. The main thing I'm going to try to remember is that the reason we're doing this is to put on an awesome event that teenagers can come to and worship together. Large-scale worship of the EYE magnitude is something I never experienced on my little island, and probably hundreds of kids haven't either. I'm going to try to remember to treat people the way I would want to be treated, as the Lord says, with respect and patience.

I'll be doing my best to update this while in Atlanta, but if I don't get the chance to, I'll be posting sometime next week.

God bless,
Casey 

No comments:

Post a Comment